Trade sends IT to Cleveland, Kyrie to Boston

Discussion in 'NBA' started by kingsboi, Aug 22, 2017.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Don't you think that perhaps IT's hip played a factor in Ainge's decision?
    King Baller likes this.
  2. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

I feel like IT and the pick should have gotten Kyrie given that Kyrie said he wanted out and was threatening to no show camp. I also think Ainge could have done better with the package of assets than Kyrie. But it's all water under the bridge.

I guess it's more about what I think about Kyrie than anything else.
    VF21 likes this.
  3. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

I don't think he threatened the no show until after the deal with Boston started to look like it might not go through. I may be wrong.
    pdxKingsFan and VF21 like this.
  4. Suicide King

I got the feeling that Kevin Pritchard was told not to trade PG to any Eastern teams or the Lakers by owner Herb Simon. This would at least explain why they took the less than stellar deal from OKC, and why Boston couldn't grab him. Then again they may just not have been really in the mix.
    King Baller likes this.
  5. CurseOfTheSalmons

CurseOfTheSalmons Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the Cavs would do this. Isaiah Thomas is naPG, ballhog, no defense, and a back up bench warmer at best.
  6. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

IMO the main reason for this trade is the Celtics did not want to pay IT Max money. So they get Kyrie for two years on a nice deal. The cost was the blue chip pick, Crowder and the Rookie Big. They have two other high picks. Hayward, Brown and Tatum all play the same position as Crowder. Bigs are plentiful.

Considering Ainge picked up all these assets on the cheap I think he did all right. The nice part of sports is we get to watch the results of these deals and rehash them:)
    kingsfan1984, Suicide King and VF21 like this.
  7. KingsFanGER

KingsFanGER Well-Known Member

Interesting. I disagree completely. There aren't many guys in the league, that play D like Marcus Smart does with Bradley being on of them. Bradley may be a bit more mobile and can pressure guys a bit better than Smart, but he isn't that bulky and not that versatile because of it. Losing Bradley will hurt more on the offensive end, because he was a reliable 3pt shooter.
  8. R2D2

R2D2 Active Member

9. miltonap

miltonap Well-Known Member

10. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

What is going to be interesting is how is IT going to fit in with Lebron. In Sacramento and Phoenix, he was not the number one option and it appears there were problems. In Boston, he was fortunate that the team needed him to play hero ball and he put up numbers. I think not enough is being made of Irving played his role with Cleveland as the secondary go to guy. Thought he did well at it as it can't be easy with Lebron being the alpha there. Will be interesting.
  11. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Thanks for posting.

I hope IT can make a home for himself in Cleveland. He really put himself out there in that article and I respect him for doing so. I wish him all the luck in the world.
    Suicide King likes this.
  12. Suicide King

13. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Good article but I will admit that I rolled my eyes at the part defending Kevin Durant.
    KingsFanGER likes this.
  14. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

"I got traded for Kyrie so it's cool that KD randomly joined the best team in the league in a blatant attempt to chase a ring" didn't do it for you as an argument?
    Warhawk, VF21, ESP47 and 1 other person like this.
  15. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

I liked the article and appreciate IT putting himself out there for all to see. The KD analogy I get, even though the W's kinda tick me off.

What I did not read in the article is much about the rest of the Celtics IT played alongside.