[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JAN)

Discussion in 'NBA' started by VF21, Jan 1, 2018.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

2. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

DeRozan with 50 versus Milwaukee, 21 in first quarter
  3. kingsboi

looks like the Hawks are doing the Kings a favor tonight by beating the Suns
  4. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

Apparently, you spoke too soon. Suns came back and won.
  5. Russell Pimphustler

Russell Pimphustler Active Member

**** the sun' and **** the hawks
  6. kingsboi

Doh! Hawks don't want to give up the title for leagues worst
    Telemachus likes this.
  7. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

8. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

It appears as though Nancy Lieberman has resurfaced in New Orleans, as a studio analyst.
  9. Mr. S£im Citrus

This Pelicans/Timberwolves game is giving me a headache: how do you, as a team on three days rest, come in that unprepared to play a team that's on the second night of a back-to-back? That's got to be coaching, right?
    Telemachus and VF21 like this.
  10. VF21

A little voice in my head is reminding me that Lieberman was very fond of Cousins. I'd like to hear her take on how he's progressed since leaving the Kings.
  11. Telemachus

dude12 likes this.
  12. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

I just saw that and came to post......I really feel sorry for the Lakers......NOT. Might be time for Lonzo to tell dad to shut the hell up. It's not an organizational thing (yet) as much as a dad/son deal. Not a big fan of the dad.
    Telemachus likes this.
  13. VF21

Dang it. I was gonna use that as my lead for the game thread. :p May still do so in any case. LOL! I want to see Bill Walton respond to this so badly.
  14. kingsboi

Ginobili & Carter must both be drinking from the fountain of youth, Ginobili even more so because this dude has had multiple 20 point games this season at the age of 40. Incredible career this guy has had.
  15. OffTheWallJamal

OffTheWallJamal Active Member

I might have a guess tbh.

''Lonzo Ball is beautiful human being, he is like a Bill Russell, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan in category, where he can play full game and dominate and lead the team to the victory, his passing is like listening to Ludwig van Beethoven playing piano or watching Leonardo da Vinci to paint, it's that special, the way he composes himself on the floor is very special thing... it looks like his dad Lavar hates my son, but I know deep down in my heart, that he just wants for his son the best, but he is showing it in the wrong way, he has to know it, but it ain't gonna change my feelings about Lonzo, because it's good for the NBA if Lakers are good, and the way Lonzo talks, walks around the court is a really bright spot for Lakers.''

:eek::eek:
  16. itzcoatl

itzcoatl Well-Known Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer franchise.
    Warhawk, VF21, Iced Espresso and 2 others like this.
  17. eMBarkat10n

eMBarkat10n Active Member

18. Mr. S£im Citrus

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Meanwhile... I'll bet that the average Kings Fan didn't know that former King Eric Moreland is a rotation player for the Pistons? #StillInTheLeague #KeepGettinThemChecks
  19. kingsboi

I knew that one...good on him. It took quite some time for him to get consistent minutes but Stan is giving it to him.
  20. Telemachus

Every time he started getting any run with the Kings, he would get injured.
  21. kingsboi

Lou Williams joins the 50 point club...incredible season this dude is having. Lakers gave him away for nothing. Averaging a career high 22 PPG off the bench.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  22. kingsboi

could someone explain to me why the NBA has a regular season game in London rather than preseason? Are they trying to take a page out of the NFL book?
  23. LPKingsFan

LPKingsFan Well-Known Member

Has Chris Paul's value fallen that low? :eek:
    LoungeLizard and Telemachus like this.
  24. VF21

1. To build the fan base overseas in hopes of eventually expanding the NBA internationally.
    2. Yes.
    206Fan likes this.
  25. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

I feel like a game in Barcelona or elsewhere in Spain would make more sense because we already have a heavy basketball presence there...meanwhile, no one in the UK cares about basketball. I guess the NBA is just trying to tap into an untapped market?
  26. kingsboi

I don't see many people in Spain caring much for basketball either considering they have Barcelona & Real Madrid soccer clubs, plus La Liga which is a huge draw.
  27. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

Euroleague is already a thing and I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some agreement barring the NBA from playing games in mainland Europe while the seasons are underway.
    Going off the continued pivot towards Asia, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more regular season games in China and India in the next couple of seasons though.
    206Fan likes this.
  28. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that the Spanish league is quite popular and one of the better leagues in Europe? And it's dominated by the two soccer powers, which should be no surprise.
    206Fan likes this.
  29. kingsboi

Going to Europe to play a regular season game takes long enough, but if you add in Asia and India, that's even longer. I don't see teams going with that unless its preseason.
  30. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

For west coast teams, getting to Europe takes just as long if not longer as Asia.
    VF21 likes this.