[Game] Kings v. Spurs - Saturday, Dec. 23 - 7 PT

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by VF21, Dec 21, 2017.

1. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

Spurs are Spurs'ing, turning up pressure on defense and executing like crazy on offense. Add to it that Aldridge is absolutely dialed in and this one might get real ugly in the second half. Kings will have to come out with a ton of energy if they want to get back in it.
  2. parker

parker Well-Known Member

It wasn't just WCS. Also, Koufas. Might want to try doubling him. The second unit just didn't have enough to stay with the spurs and when the first unit came back, they began to force some shots and stopped moving the ball.
  3. Kingz19

Kingz19 Well-Known Member

Spurs kept up the pace. Kings went stagnant.

Should really try to get Buddy more looks. We know he’s one of those shooters that can put together 15 points in a couple of minutes when he’s on but we never ride the hot hand.
  4. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Kings crawling back in it. WCS in the paint is better than taking those jumpers. Hield needs to keep shooting the 3.....he missed a few and now is passing them up
  5. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

WCS comes out and the Spurs score in the paint every time down the floor
  6. parker

parker Well-Known Member

What is the deal with hill's 3. They only counted it as 2.
  7. kingdivac

kingdivac Well-Known Member

Mason having a poor game....
  8. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Woooo! Got home a few minutes ago and just as I log onto KF they change that 2 of Hill's to a 3. Bodes well, I think:)

Aside: Even up here in the middle of a forest, traffic is crazy on the Saturday night before Christmas Eve. I swear I've never seen so many people at our little supermarket.

Listening to the crew, sounds like the 2nd quarter was our downfall. I like what I'm seeing right now for the most part. And I'm certainly happy with the little I've seen from Buddy.

In the few minutes I've watched I've seen Manu trying to draw fouls at least 6 different times. Either that, or he's stumbling over his own feet more than any other player in the history of the game. Luckily it appears the officials are finally wise to his "acting."
  9. parker

parker Well-Known Member

Looks like they corrected it
  10. VF21

Scott called it a 3 but the scorer showed it as a 2. They corrected it as I logged on to KF. :)
  11. VF21

I was gonna ask for a quick catchup but it looks like that's all I need to know. :)
  12. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

feels like I'm watching a NBA 2k simulation game, Spurs have to be shooting 60% or close to it for the game. They really haven't missed much.
  13. kingdivac

Gasol with a triple double it looks like
    VF21 likes this.
  14. parker

parker Well-Known Member

With Hield and WCS out of the bench rotation, that second unit is lacking scoring.

But the first unit looked better.
  15. kingdivac

Take Buddy out?
  16. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

Jackson should be more nba ready at this stage
  17. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Spurs just methodically doing what they do.
  18. VF21

Considering this is the Spurs we're playing ... and the fact they seem to relish in coming into Sacramento and playing the Grinch ... I'm not too disappointed. They're still the Spurs, even without Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, and as long as Pop is coach they're gonna be tough. You can tell by the look on their faces they were not going to gently into that good night, especially facing their third loss in a row.
  19. VF21

Let's see: Gasol - future HoF; Ginobli - ditto; Parker - wouldn't be surprised. Pops? I'm surprised they haven't voted him in already. Now look at the names on the Kings jerseys. It's the 4th quarter. Experience and discipline tells the tale. But at least our guys haven't just given up. And they'll learn more lessons from playing against these Spurs.
  20. kingdivac

52.6% to 46.1% for Kings. Including several more 3s. Unfortunately, Mason's 0-6 performance is most of the difference in the score. Kings got it to 7 in the 3rd. Team has gotta execute well against Spurs, and the Kings have had some dry-spells.

Spurs don't even have Leonard tonight.

Taking Buddy out may be a mistake I think, but oh well....
  21. VF21

Manu Gin0bli looks as old as the little old man who needed help putting his groceries into his car a little while ago. I wonder if he uses a walker off the court. (And no comments about my advancing age thank you very much.)
  22. VF21

Bogs might be our version of Ginobli? I'll take that, Jerry. I'll take that and say thank you. :)
  23. VF21

Is it my TV or does Z-Bo look decidedly ... um ... more Tractor Traylor like?
  24. parker

parker Well-Known Member

Rudy played well.
  25. FaStRmAn

FaStRmAn Well-Known Member

Is Skal injured ? Or is he DNP-CD ?
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  26. FaStRmAn

FaStRmAn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately so are the Kings :p
  27. VF21

Carter, PapaG and Skal all listed on the scorer sheet (for the first half) as DNP-Coaches decision.
    FaStRmAn likes this.
  28. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

I don't think Buddy came out of the second half until that 5 minutes left in the game......iirc
    VF21 likes this.
  29. VF21

BUT at least they didn't give up. They were simply outplayed by a much better team. There's no shame in that whatsoever.
    FaStRmAn likes this.
  30. kingdivac

2Q: Spurs 29-16....that's the post-mortem. Nice games from Hield and Bogdan - ah well....