[Grades] Grades and/or post-game discussion - Kings @ Cavs 12/6

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by VF21, Dec 6, 2017.

1. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

Their decline started in 05-06 season so it's moot
  2. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

I'd actually be interested to see how WCS and JaKaar look together at the 4/5, defensively they should be fun to watch at least.
  3. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Our team keeps getting better, every game, that is all I want to see
  4. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

that would only work in short spurts, neither one can stretch the floor. it would be too easy to defend the Kings.
  5. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

Ham said that Skal had 29 points, 18 rebounds, and 7 blocked shots in his G league game. I guess he doesn't want to be there....:D
  6. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

Does this count as tearing it up in the G-league?
  7. Kingster

It might work out if they had three dynamic scorers paired with them. Maybe Bogs, Mason and Hield.
  8. Kingster

Hell, yeah.
  9. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I'll take that $20 and put $100 on Boogie revenge scoring 45 and acting like a grown up.
  10. miltonap

miltonap Well-Known Member

Hield played pretty terrible. I was surprised that Joerger didn't sub him out on a couple occasions.

I wouldve liked to see the rest of the Kings be more aggressive at the end. Seems they were scared and just kept feeding Randolph.

Frank Mason is awesome.

Jakarr essentially reminds me of a Reggie Evans type player. Extremely extremely ugly game on offense but has tons of energy.
  11. jcassio

jcassio Well-Known Member

I agree with everything in your post, except that I wonder if you watched the first half? Fox played well and was anything but passive.
  12. jcassio

jcassio Well-Known Member

Hard loss? Not for me. I want us to be competitive, to play hard and smart, and to show improvement week by week. Getting more wins is not the goal this year. In fact, it's exactly what we don't want. So "hard loss"? Not for me.
    King Baller and VF21 like this.
  13. macadocious

macadocious Well-Known Member

Except a couple defensive miscues, one against LeBron and a a bad turnover or two, I thought Buddy played great.

As a team we just need to shoot our open shot as soon as we get it. They are still very tentative. Basically everyone but Zbo and Temple hesitate too much.

I'm going to pick a nit here, but I think I want Fox coming off the bench again. I don't think he's either allowed or able to be aggressive enough with the first group. Lots of shoving the ball into Zbo or Hill/Temple's hands early in the shot clock. He's not really a weapon in that situation. I'm not sure if this is coming from Joerger or if he's just not able to turn it on enough yet.

Also, the late game shove the ball to Zbo was hard to watch. Not sure it ultimately mattered, but I think it didn't give us the chance to win with how it ground down the movement.
  14. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

For those who missed it, Lebron said he's worked out with Sampson a lot in the offseason and knows him. Said Sampson was a tough defender all night and he's glad that Sampson is getting a chance in Sacramento.
  15. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

I thought Buddy played a good game. Hit shots, found his teammates, made some steals and even played some solid defense on Lebron during a couple possessions after initially getting embarrassed by him the first time he was on him. Yeah he made some turnovers but he also caused some as well so it's not like he was a negative at all.

Jakarr defended Lebron about as good as anyone in the league possibly could. Lebron is just that damn good. Now that he has that 3 point shot, he's deadly and has probably extended his prime by a few years because of it.

ZBo had a really good game but I wish our guys would quit just using him as a safety net. The offense grinded to a halt at the end because the Cavs were going to make sure anyone other than ZBo had to score.

Frank the tank with another awesome game off the bench. Awesome value for a 2nd round player.
  16. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Well-Known Member

Sampson & Vince Carter. These are my two favorites, they just bring that it factor that gets others going. A

Mason the steady killer who is a keeper forsure. A

The rest were just a bit okay. Not a bad loss, would have been a great win.
    King Baller likes this.
  17. jcwkings

LeBron hitting two or three threes in a row, one from like 30ft is just unfair. The guy is just unreal, dude is about to be 33 yrs old and is playing like a 27 year old stud at his peak.
    King Baller and km23 like this.
  18. Vladizzle

Vladizzle Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't get it, LeBron always looks like he's gonna miss 3s and has a slow somewhat ugly form and then bam... Doesn't look pretty but works
  19. Kings Faithful

Kings Faithful Well-Known Member

Just got done watching the game. First of all i want to say i'm proud of the entire team for playing a really good game from start to finish. Secondly i want to say Jakarr Sampsons effort (especially on the boards) out their should embarrass some the players on our team. We would win 50+ games if all of our guys displayed the consistent tenacity and effort that I saw from Sampson against the Cavaliers. I hope he keeps getting minutes.
    KingsFanGER, King Baller and VF21 like this.
  20. kingjatt

kingjatt Well-Known Member

I love that Buddy shot 13 times that aggressiveness is much needed from the young guys. Let it fly.
  21. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

Who remembers Justin Williams ?

We've been crying for a prospect big, blue collar workhorse for years.

Brockness wasn't around long, maybe JaKarr sticks
    King Baller likes this.
  22. Ooooooh..."Horcats". I get it.
  23. jcwkings

Those guys were hustlers, but they were also pretty much centers who can only guard one position. JaKaar can guard 1-4 comfortably and probably hold his own against some 5's. In the age of having to switch a lot, that is a tremendous asset.
  24. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Remember the time half this board wouldn't trade Cousins for LBJ because he was past his prime and only had a few years left?
    New Era, 206Fan and Nokidding like this.
  25. funkykingston

funkykingston Well-Known Member

My concern with De'Aaron still revolves completely around his shot. He's a decent finisher at the rim (and will improve as he gets stronger), he's as quick as advertised, he's shown better court vision/awareness than I expected and he has the right mindset with leadership traits.

But the reality is that he's largely being nullified because defenders don't respect his shot at all. They sag way off, go under every screen and take away driving Lane's, daring him to shoot.

None of this is news, I think we all expected it to be the case. But watching it play out it's painfully obvious that Fox's career is going to hinge on him becoming a threat from outside.
    206Fan, Suicide King and JCTNKINGFAN like this.
  26. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

27. JCTNKINGFAN

JCTNKINGFAN Active Member

When/if he develops a consistent outside shot it will really open up his game. I have confidence (faith?/hope?) that with hard work he can develop that shot. His mechanics don't look broken to me, may just need a whole lot of off season reps and maybe a tweak or two. I would like to see him improve his FT percentage, too. It's at 70%, while not terrible, I would like to see him up over 80% anyway with the way he drives to the basket and has the potential to draw a lot of fouls. I think improving his outside shot and FT percentage go hand in hand. Improving his outside shooting is probably the determining factor as to whether he becomes a future star in the NBA.
    King Baller and Suicide King like this.
  28. ppine

ppine Well-Known Member

I was very proud of the Kings last night. They played with mental toughness. Their confidence is rising all the time although it is is fits and starts. They should come away from a game like Cleveland with renewed belief in themselves. It is hard to adequately describe what Sampson brought to the team last night. Attitude, Intensity, Desire. Mason and Bogdan have it. Kufous has it. Randolph has it, I just wish he could play defense. Carter has it, he is just old.

I would rather see the Kings lose in a game like last night, than win a game with a lot of fancy shooting and dancing around. Basketball is a simple game really. You defend, you rebound, you run, you put the ball in the hole. Sampson is really good at the first three. We have plenty of shooters. Confidence is increasing, and will make a difference in the shooting percentage. I really like Temple as a player. I wish he could shoot better. Trading Sampson for Skal changes the Kings whole personna to something much better. This was a milestone game.

Oh yeah, number 23 is pretty good.
    King Baller likes this.
  29. kingsfan1984

kingsfan1984 Well-Known Member

I continue to enjoy your analysis on the players and team. Both game summary as well as honest hard look at each player and team long term view.
    King Baller and 206Fan like this.
  30. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Jakarr brings that toughness that teams need a player to do, Frank does as well, you need players like that on the team to have a lasting and infectious effect
    ppine and King Baller like this.