Fox back from quad tear... (updated title)

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Tetsujin, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

2. twslam07

twslam07 Well-Known Member

Is this still from the play that should of resulted in a dead leg when he drove the lane? I'm astonished that he tore his quad if that's the play that caused it.
  3. Iced Espresso

Iced Espresso Well-Known Member

This stinks, but I'll try to be positive. Could increase Hill's trade value if that's what we want to do & move him later. Mason will obviously get more minutes. Should see an increase in Bogi's ball handling.
  4. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Injuries happen, but I am slightly concerned with Fox's ability to stay on the floor. Get well and get stronger DeAaron!
  5. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Medical science has clearly made some impressive advancements: two weeks for a torn quad?
    Telemachus and LoungeLizard like this.
  6. Dime Dropper

Dime Dropper Well-Known Member

I'd imagine it's a very small, miniscule tear. That tissue will heal fully in a few weeks, although I'd be surprised if he's back playing in the next month. Keep in mind a partial tear can range from essentially a tiny fibre tear and a few weeks out, to a year or more out. Depends on the severity of the tear and location, and a whole host of other stuff that I'm far too unqualified to speak on with any authority.
  7. OptimusRhyme

OptimusRhyme Jive Turkey Contributor

could be worse.. gallinari tore his ass, twice.
  8. King Baller

King Baller Well-Known Member

KAT and Simmons each laid Fox out in the games against the Timberwolves and 76ers. It has taken a toll on the 19 year old PG. Hope he recovers soon.
  9. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

Is this the original quad injury? Or is this a new injury sustained in the last game in which he played?
  10. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

looks like his small frame has caught up to him all ready, which is to be expected considering he is still a teenager playing versus grown men. Hopefully he isn't a injury prone player moving forward. Perfect opportunity now for Mason to get a good amount of minutes and more shots.
  11. Iced Espresso

I just peg it as bad luck.
    VF21 likes this.
  12. kingsboi

how come?
  13. Iced Espresso

Well it's not like an ankle or knee. Not the type of injury that has me concerned with his durability.
  14. Russell Pimphustler

Russell Pimphustler Active Member

This. Plus, plenty of people were worried about Currys ankles his first couple of years.
  15. kingsboi

knee and ankle injuries are common in basketball...I don't see many quad injuries. He has a lot of work to do not just from a basketball stand point but from a physical one too.
  16. kingsboi

Curry still gets his ankle injuries but just not as severe. He also has put in a good amount of time in the weight room, considering how scrawny he was coming into the league.
  17. Russell Pimphustler

This forum sucks for posting pics from my phone otherwise I would post a picture that would make you cringe of Currys ankle injury. His ankle bone hit the ground and my own father, a general practitioner, saw the pic and knew he tore tendons.
  18. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Why do we suck now?
  19. Russell Pimphustler

Because I cant post this picture.
  20. VF21

See if you can send it to me in a "conversation." There are still some glitches in the software that Jeremy hopes to be able to get to after the first of the year. :)
  21. Russell Pimphustler

Make it so so can post this picture and the forum rocks again lol
  22. VF21

What format are you trying to post?
  23. Russell Pimphustler

I'm on a Samsung S7 edge.
  24. Russell Pimphustler

I ried to send you the pic and I' just lost lol
  25. VF21

I just opened a "conversation" with you and gave you an email addy to send it to. :)
  26. Russell Pimphustler

Dude

I don' know what to tap on. Everything I hit asks for a utl or some other code. Way to much
  27. VF21

I just googled "Steph Curry ankle injury" and found this:

[​IMG]

I'm thinking that might not be his. :p
    Telemachus likes this.
  28. Russell Pimphustler

This doesn't play nice with mobile other than "view" and "reply".
    VF21 likes this.
  29. Russell Pimphustler

Well. His wife knows how much he likes pretty toes so no, this is not his nor hers.
    VF21 likes this.
  30. VF21

I have no idea. I only got a smartphone last year and it's still a lot smarter than I am. I keep forgetting how different the controls are between laptops and phones.