Farewell Kings

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by swisshh, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nebs

nebs Well-Known Member

You've always hated Vlade? Lol what did he do, roll up the windows and smoke a pack of Marbro's with you inside?

Just kidding I don't even want to serious answer that question. I just wanted to post in here.
    New Era likes this.
  2. New Era

New Era Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no problem if the Boogie fans are upset that he's gone. That's part of being a fan. Sometimes your favorite player leaves and it sucks. What I can't stand is a bunch of posters coming on here crying about how they aren't going to be a fan anymore, yet they still post a bunch of stuff. Leave already if you don't want to be a fan and need to go to your safe space.
  3. New Era

But Vlade is himself a big man so how can you "hate" him? Is being a fan really worth hating anybody? I mean, as much as I despised the guy, I never hated DMC. Seemed like an okay dude off the court.
  4. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Divac is not a big man, he's an executive. He was a big man, but never a top-tier one, anyway. Besides which, I didn't think it needed to be explained that I was talking about active players.
  5. macadocious

macadocious Well-Known Member

LOL - I think it's funny anyone that has spent as much time on this board as New Era has thinks you were a fan of Boogie. Maybe he has trouble reading teal.

That being said, your position on fandom and what drives you to watch basketball is in a glaring minority, but I'm pretty sure you are well aware of that. I hope you don't leave because with Brick seemingly MIA I don't know if I can handle VF21's emotional posts with out the steely eyed antithesis your posts provide.
    VF21 likes this.
  6. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

You know what, you're right, that's not entirely accurate. I haven't always hated Divac: until 2005, I merely disliked him.
  7. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

@ New Era

I dont see how someone lamenting the loss of any of our players here is any different than the numerous posters who complain about one of our players.

Slim has been posting here long before DMC was drafted, and I am in the same boat with him as far as hating how the trade was handled more than anything. Slim doesnt need me to defend him though.

I just think there is a line between disagreeing with one another about the team, and trying to make people stop posting here when they follow the rules. I have been coming to these forums well over a decade longer than my bio indicates. There are a lot of posters I miss who no longer post for whatever reasons. I would hate to see any more run off because they were made to feel unwelcome.

Also character and integrity are not so black and white. Hard to judge someones character purely on loyalty to a particular form of entertainment. We're not saving lives here you know. Bigger things to go to battle over in life.
    KingsFanGER likes this.
  8. New Era

wat?
  9. G_M

G_M Well-Known Member

Maybe because I've been around too long and frankly out of stubbornness, I'm not going to let Vivek and Co. "run me off." Having said that, I won't be going to games or contributing financially to the franchise. However, I understand that people "fan" the way they choose. I'll be watching out of the corner of my eye hoping for a reason to reattach emotionally...
  10. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Says the guy who complained over and over and about the Karl firing and your distaste for those supporting Boogie. Your being a hypocrite.
  11. Capt. Factorial

Capt. Factorial Cantry Member Staff Member Contributor

Mod Note:

Since this thread has devolved into nothing but everybody sniping at each other over who is the better fan, I believe it has served its useful purpose.
    VF21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.