Evaluating the Cousins Trade.

Discussion in 'NBA' started by kingdivac, Feb 20, 2017.

1. kingdivac

kingdivac Well-Known Member

Especially agree on the bargaining blunders....
  2. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

absolutely useless press conference from vlade. Every cliche is being used. We're changing the culture. We're gonna be fun. We're gonna compete and make the playoffs, blah blah blah.
  3. fansinceday1

Vlade, "I felt like this was the best time to move forward......."
  4. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I hate Vlade so much right now.

"Culture culture culture."
  5. fansinceday1

Vlade, "we had a better deal 2 days ago than what we got now".

Thats why he thought the closer we got to the deadline the worse the deals would get.
  6. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I'm raging so freakin hard right now.

Boot this joker out on his ***.
    Blob likes this.
  7. fansinceday1

"When I realized this was the best offer I had to do it"
  8. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

He's the next steph curry. Ask your owner.
  9. kingdivac

Yeah with 5 players injured.....and trying to hang on for a playoffs seat - obviously Vlade/Management had no confidence in that outcome. But no, I still think it was cold-feet with money that drove the substandard trade.
  10. fansinceday1

vlade hasnt talked to demarcus. He texted him after the game last night.
  11. fansinceday1

vivek has full faith in me to make basketball decisions and I made this decision.
  12. kingdivac

After blurbing, "we hope Cousins is here for a long time" to ESPN not 3 weeks ago? :)
  13. fansinceday1

vlade just reiterated that we had a better offer 2 days ago, they let it hang there and it disappeared.
  14. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

15. HndsmCelt

HndsmCelt Well-Known Member

From what I can tell it looks likeVlade is taking the hit for this one, fine then this one's all in your head. I don't agree with but I can understand the argument to trade DeMarcus Cousins but if that was the case there's no hurry and he certainly could have been shopped around for a better deal. Moreover now you are the one who has to take responsibility for making a promise and breaking it and that kills your credibility is a GM. I love Vladeas a player and respect what he did for the game internationally but I've lost all faith in him as a GM at this point. People can rail against ownership all they want but until they take responsibility or somebody hold him accountable for this decision I have to assume it came from Vlade because he's out there claiming he made the call
  16. fansinceday1

what would vlade like to see from this team from here on out.

"what we saw against the celtics."
  17. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

Give me a break. This team won't play another single game up to that level.
    Tetsujin likes this.
  18. fansinceday1

vivek didn't have any idea what was going to happen with boogie. vlade told him what he was going to do.
  19. fansinceday1

damien saying this was the most embarrassing PC ever. He just called vlade a MORON.
  20. kingdivac

True? If so it validates what I was wondering just last week.....that game had a big impact management.
  21. fansinceday1

Damien "if your a kings fan, you should be absolutely embarrassed and discouraged by what you just heard."
    SLAB likes this.
  22. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

"THAT WAS EMBARASSING" yes it was.

Immediately following the press conference. Rip him to freaking shreds, guys.
  23. fansinceday1

to reitereate, vlade said vivek didn't know what was going on, until vlade went up to him and told him "we're trading cousins".
  24. fansinceday1

Ive heard some embarrassing PC. This was up there, right up at the top.

Damien, "I'm almost speechless."
  25. fansinceday1

Jim Crandell asked vlade about lying to his agents and if that would have an impact later. Vlade, "your gonna have to ask those other agents."
  26. Iced Espresso

Iced Espresso Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness.

Wow.
  27. kingdivac

If this were true, its like Vlade going Rogue or something....can't believe it!
  28. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Don't Make Me Use The Bat Staff Member Contributor

I think you are going to find out very quickly that magically DMC is a great winner and even potential future champion, when he is gifted to another franchise that suddenly is able to surround him with talent. New Orleans came out of this with nearly a completely complete team. And Cuz. And even Omri. In a few days they might add Barnes as well. If they scrounge up a SG who can really shoot, all of a sudden there is almost no weakness.

the Kings though can enjoy holding their head high as post-Barkley Philadelphia in 1992. If you can keep the tank going long enough, maybe after 5 more years of misery you can draft your own Iverson and be ready to make the playoffs by 2025.
  29. White_Chocolate

White_Chocolate Well-Known Member

Vivek and Vlade need to go... **** this is awful
    Čarolija and c-webb1s#1 like this.
  30. kingdivac

I"m gonna have change my screen-moniker to kingmidnightninja.