Boogie Says Goodbye (merged)

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by theclash4u5, Feb 20, 2017.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

2. VF21

I have a personal request: Please let this thread be about the video clip and not something negative. Just one positive thread isn't too much to ask, is it?

EDIT: I made an administrative decision and I moved the discussion of Boogie's sabotage to a different thread.
    km23, NewArena and HndsmCelt like this.
  3. Peter_Gibbons

Peter_Gibbons Well-Known Member

This was a sad sight to see. What's worse is the team will never get another player who loved the city of Sacramento since day 1 as much as Boogie while also being as talented as he is.
    lwc, NewArena, Mad D and 3 others like this.
  4. Semi

Semi Active Member

That was really hard to watch. You can really tell how much of a good guy he really is. It breaks my heart to see someone so loyal get treated so badly by this organization. It's hard, on one hand I'm heart broken to see him go, especially like this, but on the other hand I'm so happy that he doesn't have to endure this amateur hour front office. I also find some solace knowing that he knows that there is a city of people who love him to death and appreciated everything he has done for this city.
    Bricklayer, Ron and VF21 like this.
  5. The_Jamal

The_Jamal Well-Known Member

Man...

You know why I held on being a passionate Kings fan the last 10+ years, when basically everyone thought I was crazy to do so? THIS big fella right here. Because I always felt like I knew something that the rest of the country didn't. That I knew what an amazing community member he was and everything he did for the kids in Sacramento. That he LOVED this city and the fans who stuck by him and by the team through all the losing. That he brought it (almost) every night the past 4 seasons and willed this team to wins by himself.

Good luck Big Fella, now you'll have two cities behind you.
    Glenn, Ron, KingsFanGER and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

Tear down Vlade's jersey from the rafters. Burn it. Replace it with Boogie's Pelicans jersey. That's #21's legacy now.
    IfAt1st, Glenn, c-webb1s#1 and 5 others like this.
  7. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

Whoah bro
  8. KingsFanSince85

KingsFanSince85 Well-Known Member

VF21 and lwc like this.
  9. Krunker

Krunker Northernmost Kings Fan

The man is loyal and he was betrayed by the organization. How often is a superstar loyal to Sactown! Sad.
  10. Mad D

Mad D Well-Known Member

Those two are already in bball hell. They're just running it.

Goodbye Boogie.
  11. sono

sono Well-Known Member

Its hard to swallow ******. At least Im gonna enjoy watching Boogie & Davis pairing.
    I need a drink.
  12. Sactown ExPat

Sactown ExPat Member

Don't forget Chriss. Drafted by his home town team and traded for spares. I'm going to miss Boogie a lot. Unlike the other stars we've had, he never wished Sacramento was anything other than what it is. That meant a lot. I hope Silver steps in and cleans up the franchise. I would love to see Boogie able to return someday. Just once, a Kings legend should actually retire as a King.
  13. DesertFox

DesertFox Well-Known Member

Its a shame that sacramento will just be a negative footnote in his hall of fame legacy.
    For all the ups and downs Boogie stayed loyal to the city and fans.
    hrdboild and Bricklayer like this.
  14. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

i can't deal guys
  15. Elise10

Elise10 Well-Known Member

Wow, and the tears are back on my face. Boogie, you're a real one and a special one.
  16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

17. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

This is the best thing that can happen to Boogie moving forward IMO. He wasn't wanted here and for that alone, I hope he finds success and shows the whole front office that he isn't a cancer.
  18. kingsboi

Let's not forget, Tyreke was also one who wanted to remain in Sacramento before the front office decided otherwise.
    hrdboild likes this.
  19. kingsboi

I think you may be right. This could be the turning point in his career where he finally gets it and just dominates from here on out without any other extra antics included.
  20. Oscar

Oscar Member

Wow, a game and a half out of the 8th playoff spot and the best player gets shipped out? For and untested rookie and a broken down retread.... It's been 11 years since the Kings made the playoffs and now another season bites the dust.
  21. km23

km23 Active Member

You don't need to call anybody a retard. I don't care what the reason is.
    ESP47 and pshn80 like this.
  22. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

Lol.
    Tetsujin and Mr. S£im Citrus like this.
  23. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

Read the Bee today. Los there and I should help people ndersand.

I watched he video above but could not ndersand a word he said.

I will miss Cuz, both his character and great talent. All of this gives us a good idea of how tough this was for Vlade. We may disagree with the merits of this transaction and change of direction for the Kings but for me I will stick with
    Vlade. Good luck to you Cuz, I will miss you.
  24. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Well, it's a good thing he didn't, then.
  25. Krunker

Krunker Northernmost Kings Fan

Because "culture and character mattters" -- some hypocrisy in the FO to reneg on the claim of not making a trade...
  26. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

Vivek knows about winning cultures. Did you know that he coached his daughter's sixth gra-

*is crushed by a meteor*
  27. Folsomkingsfan

Folsomkingsfan Active Member

If anything this makes me happier to see Boogie go. He is my all time favorite player to suit up for the Kings and all I wanted was to see our team get their s**t together in order to make some solid playoff runs so Boogie would finally get the credit he deserved as a player. Unfortunately, the gross incompetence of our novice front office prevented this. In fact, based on what I've seen the last few years I am entirely convinced that we would have never been able to put a team together that would've been capable of anything more than a disastrous first round exit. I love Boogie both as a person and as a player and want nothing but the best for him. A fresh start on another team gives him a better chance of that rather than sticking around the dumpster fire that is our Sacramento Kings.
    hrdboild and Tetsujin like this.
  28. VF21

Who would have thought when you first adopted that avatar that the feels would come again in a similar circumstance? :(
    chasen4r1 likes this.
  29. VF21

Look again. He said "retread"...
    km23 likes this.
  30. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

Dont let the game and a half fool you from the fact that our record is 24-33 and the only reason we were in it is because the whole bottom of the west has been mediocre. We're a game and a half from 8 but we're also eight games back from the seventh seed.

Ultimately I think this move was best for both parties. Cuz gets humbling experience he has always needed and an opportunity to team up with AD and we wipe slate clean and reset. It should have happend last summer tbh.